Orana Water Utilities Alliance (OWUA)
Orana Water Utilities Alliance (OWUA) is committed to providing a unified approach to the sustainable delivery of water supply and sewerage services, and to achieve and maintain gazetted Best Practice. The forming of a collaborative arrangement allows the member councils to pool resources, reduce duplication and form a common platform to develop initiatives.
Objectives of the OWUA:
- Resource and staff skill sharing;
- Water resource sharing opportunities;
- Peer review of performance and mentoring where appropriate;
- Development of shared best practice strategies;
- Funding of best practice strategies and goals.
The OWUA consists of 11 Member Councils:
- Bogan Shire Council
- Bourke Shire Council
- Brewarrina Shire Council
- Central Darling Shire Council
- Cobar Shire Council
- Gilgandra Shire Council
- Mid-Western Regional Council
- Narromine Shire Council
- Walgett Shire Council
- Warren Shire Council
- Warrumbungle Shire Council
OWUA Technical Committee Meetings are held bi-monthly and the OWUA Operators Group meet quarterly (subject to change).
Contact Orana Water Utilities Alliance